Music is a vital part of the human experience! At Joan Martin we are so lucky to have music class as part of each child's schedule! Below are some interesting articles on how music affects YOUR child's ability to learn and grow:
Infographic from loogguitars.comInfographic from OnlineCollege.org
- Congress declares music is a core academic subject
- Musical Intelligence in the Early Years- by Dr. John M. Feireband, Ph.D
- From Heart Beat to Steady Beat- Why Music is So Important for Young Children
- Music Helps Verbal Skills
- Music Education Can Help Children Improve Reading and Writing Skills
- Learning, Arts and the Brain
- Music Training Boosts the Brain in Young Children
- Lighting Up the Brain With Songs and Stories
- Music & Language are Partners- Early Brain Development Study
- Don't Stop the Music- Math and reading scores are affected by music study!
- Can the Violin Help Children Read? An ongoing study by Indiana University Bloomington.
- Viewpoint: Problem-Solving and the Arts
- Music Instruction May Help Prevent Hearing Loss
- Children's Music Workshop- this site has MANY articles and videos on the importance of music education
- Rhythm Training Helps Kids Understand Fractions
- Students In Band Perform Better in College- 2012 data from Purdue University
- Music: It's In Your Head, Changing Your Brain
- Music Lessons Linked to Lasting Brain Benefits
- Arts Integration- the power of the arts in general education
- Early Musical Training Provides Long Term Brain Benefits
- Early Literacy Development in the Music Classroom
- Why Place Music?
- Music Education Statistics and Facts
- Cornell President says "Young scientists must be taught music and the arts"
Other Helpful Articles: